Friday, January 11, 2013

Quinoa-Edamame Salad with Sesame-Ginger Dressing

I'll share this one even though I just couldn't bring myself to make it last night.  This just did not sound appetizing at all after a tough Cross Fit workout, so I went off menu.  I might try this another time though.

Quinoa-Edamame Salad with Sesame-Ginger Dressing
In a bowl, combine 1 cup cooked quinoa, 2/3 cup cooked edamame, 1/4 cup shredded carrots and 1/4 cup chopped cucumber.  In another bowl, combine 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp grated ginger and 1/4 tsp garlic powder.  Toss with quinoa mixture.

Replacement meal: Egg, spinach, grape tomatoes (halved) microwaved 1:30 on high or until egg is cooked through.  Spread 1/4 avocado on whole wheat wrap, add egg mixture, wrap up, and enjoy!

I then went to Trivia night at the bar and managed to 1. not drink (not that hard for me) and 2. not eat any of the popcorn on the table (MUCH harder)!

No comments:

Post a Comment