Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lentil, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad

Today's lunch was kind of a fail.

It tasted ok, I guess.  I don't think lentils on a salad are for me.  The texture was messing with me, then I chocked on some lentils and it was kind of down hill from there. 
I should have known I was doomed when my salad dressing spilled out of the container.  Thankfully I put everything in a plastic bag so it didn't permeate my purse.

I love sweet potatoes but our microwave at work is horrible and it killed it.  I like the idea of potatoes for lunch at work, I might have to bake them at home and just heat them up a bit at the office. 

Lentil, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad 

In a bowl, top 2 cups of mixed greens with 2/3 cup boiled lentils, a few chopped beets, 1/2 cup slices cucumber and some crumbled goat cheese. 
In another bowl, combine 1 tbs. balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp olive oil, season with sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder. 
Toss all ingredients together. 
Serve with 1 sweet potato.

I left out the beets, just couldn't bring myself to add them.

Since I ate so little of this, I "cheated" and had a Dark Chocolate, Nuts, and Sea Salt KIND bar.  If you haven't tried these, you should.  They are DELISH.  They are pretty healthy, whole ingredients, limited sugar, etc.  So I don't feel too guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment