Monday, January 14, 2013

Oreo Cookie Balls

I swear I'm not totally off the clean eating track already!  We're having a party this weekend (which I'm sure will inspire many, many posts) and this is one of the treats I'm making (along with the chipotle nuts).

I got this recipe from my sister in law.  I'm not sure where she got it but I'm guessing from someone on Pinterest.

No Bake Oreo Cookie Balls

1 package Oreos
8oz package of cream cheese
1 package white bakers chocolate

Crush Oreos into small pieces (I place in freezer bag and smash with smooth side of meat tenderizer, you can also use a mallet or rolling pin, etc).
Using hands, mix Oreo crumbs with cream cheese until well combined
Form into 1 inch balls and place on lined baking sheet.  Place in refrigerator (overnight is best).

Melt chocolate per direction on bag.  Roll Oreo balls into chocolate, place back in fridge until hard.  Store in fridge or freezer.
didn't
mmmmm...

Our first attempt at melting the chocolate didn't go well, pretty sure we burned it.  We're blaming our our microwave, which is from circa 1990.  I tried again today, using a make-shift double boiler, much better results!

No comments:

Post a Comment