Friday, January 18, 2013

Avocado, Strawberry & Goat Cheese Sandwich

I had some goat cheese left over after last week's challenge, so I searched pinterest for some ways to use it.  I already had all the ingredients for this one so thought I'd try it for breakfast...

Avocado, Strawberry & Goat Cheese Sandwich

 Avocado Strawberry + Goat Cheese Sandwich [cold]
  • 2 slices of bread (I used Arnold Sandwich Thins. a whole wheat wrap would also work)
  • 1 avocado (I only used about 1/4)
  • 4 medium strawberries, thinly sliced
  • 2-4T goat’s milk mozzarella, crumbled (I used goat cheese from a log)
  • 1t lemon juice (optional)
  • 1/8t salt
  • black pepper + sea salt to top
  1. Toast the bread and place on a cooling rack [avoids sogginess] to stay crisp but not hot. 
  2. Mash the avocado with a fork and then mash in the lemon juice + salt.
  3. Add as much avocado to the toast as desired and add 1 layer of thinly sliced strawberries.
  4. Top with salt, pepper, and about 1T crumbled goat cheese per slice.

Lookit what I did with the pictures, too...fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment