- 1 T Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 C Sliced Zucchini, quartered
- 1/2 C green pepper, diced
- 15 oz can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes (with garlic - or add garlic)
- 3/4 C Water
- 1/2 C Shredded cheese (type of your choice)
- 1 C Rice, Instant (I used brown rice)
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.
For me, letting it stand the 7 minutes wasn't enough to get the liquid to absorb into the rice. I left it on the heat (low) until the liquid was absorbed and the rice was fluffy.