Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Night Meals - Pasta with Broccoli

I use Fresh Direct for my grocery shopping and have them deliver every Monday evening.  It's super convenient, especially since I loathe going to the grocery store.

I've also been trying to eat "real" fresher, less processed, food.   Luckily Fresh Direct carries a lot of that.

However, this means that I have little to no food around for Monday (starting to miss my preservatives!).  My delivery doesn't arrive until sometime between 8 and 10 PM, since this is when I can consistently be home to receive it.  So, if I don't plan ahead, I am one hangry girl by the time my food arrives.  This isn't good for anyone involved.

I thought I'd add a "Monday Night Meals" series to my blog so on future hungry Mondays I can look back and see what creative (or at least edible) ideas I came up with in the past using whatever I have on hand.

Tonight's entry:  Whole Wheat Pasta with Broccoli and Garlic

  • 1 serving of whole wheat pasta (this time I used ziti)
  • Steamed Broccoli
  • Garlic
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Grated Parmesan
I cooked the pasta and broccoli, drained, and put both back in the saucepan.  I added a little bit of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and cooked briefly on me/low heat to blend flavors (seemed to make sense, I am not a chef).
Served (aka, dumped on plate) with some grated Parmesan.

Quick and tasty!

I should have taken a picture, it actually looked pretty good, but I didn't think of doing this post until after I ate it.  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment