Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Egg Muffins

I'm always on the look out for easy and tasty breakfasts I can bring to work.  Lets face it, oatmeal gets old after a while.


These "egg muffins" are super easy to make.  Not only are they easy to take to work, they'd be great to make ahead for a brunch with friends!



Here are the simple steps...Get creative!

Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray or use muffin cups
One egg in each cup
Break the yolk (I like yolk so I didn't scramble the eggs, but you could)
Add whatever toppings you want to cook in.  I used red bell pepper, red onion and small pieces of lettuce.
Cook at 350 for 20 minutes or until firm - keep an eye on them after 15 minutes or so.
Cool and store in Tupperware.


I took the egg to work, broke it up and mashed it (technical term) onto a sandwich thin (English Muffin would be a better size), added a small piece of cheddar cheese and heated it up in the microwave.  YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment