Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"Strong is the new Skinny"

I'm back on the exercise bandwagon.  I hope it sticks this time.
I tend to be an "all or nothing" kinda girl, so either I'm working out every day or I'm...well...not.
I'm trying to find a balance, but it's tough.  So, I'm enjoying being in the "all" mode for now.

I guess you could call me a runner.  It is my first choice of cardio exercise even though I'm super slow and it's hard for me to get going most of the time.  I've been good over the last few weeks, running 3-4 times per week.  This past week I finally got over that hurdle of feeling like I was forcing every step and it's getting easier now.
I don't do well in the heat, so I run on the treadmill in the summer.  I'm really looking forward to some cooler weather so I can run outside again without overheating.  Well, that and I'm generally sick of 90 degree days - enough already!

I actually enjoy strength training.  Maybe that's a throwback to my gymnastics days.  Trouble with strength training is that, while I know what to do, I really need someone to tell me to do it.  Classes are good but get old.  Lately I've been finding some workouts online that I can do at home that seem to do the job.

Tonight I did the "I Can Only Imagine" workout on http://www.bodyrock.tv/.  I'm definitely going to be sore tomorrow!!

My current motivation trick - I get a point for each day I work out (break a sweat, get my heart rate up for at least 30 minutes) and when I hi 50 points I'm going to make myself a spa appointment.  I can't wait for a hot stone massage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment