Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sweet Citrus Chicken and Stuffing

Clearly my recipe posts are the most popular (even if no one will actually submit a comment!), so I guess I'll add another...

Sweet Citrus Chicken & Stuffing - another from emeals.com

6 oz box Stove Top Stuffing mix for chicken
1 2/3 C Hot Water
1/3 C Brown Sugar
3 T margarine, melted (I used 1 1/2 T butter)
1 1/2 lbs Chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thick
2/3 C orange juice (may try with broth, B didn't love the sweetness, I liked it though)

Add hot water to stuffing, stir gently until just moistened.
Place chicken into a sprayed 9x13 baking dish.
Mix juice, brown sugar, & margarine; pour over chicken.
Top with stuffing
Bake 30 min @ 400 or until chicken is done.

Yum!  We had some cranberry sauce on the side, too.

The recipe suggested balsamic green beans on the side.  I made them and will eat the leftovers, but didn't really like them.  If you want the recipe, let me know.

Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment