Friday, December 28, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Soup

Being home this week inspired me to do some cooking to try some new things and have leftovers to hold us over into January.  B requested something "spicy" so I tried this Chicken Enchilada Soup.  It is spicy and really tasty.  I made a couple of edits to the recipe, noted below.

I even remembered to take a picture!

Chicken Enchilada Soup
I used small chunks of chicken rather than shredded.  This tasted fine and cooked through nice and fast but they were kind of hard to fish out of the broth once they were cooked.

I couldn't find Cojito cheese.  The site says to use what you have on hand so I used about 4oz cheddar and 4oz feta, tasted really good so that worked fine.

I broke up whole wheat Tostitos scoops on top. 

Not a huge fan of the cilantro so I will leave that off in the future.

You can make this in the crock pot, but I made it on the stove top.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment