Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pre-Thanksgiving Turkey...and more zucchini

Today's Recipe of the Week...Turkey, Cheddar and Grilled Zucchini Sandwich.

Because, you know, I didn't have enough zucchini last week and don't have any plans in the near future to eat turkey...

Again, I got it to look a lot like the picture in the magazine.  Apparently, this is easier with food than people.



Verdict: It's good, just not sure the zucchini actually adds much.  This would be a good way to get rid of left over zucchini but I don't think I'd buy zucchini just to make this again.  The rest of this stuff I often have on hand though (or should).

Recipe
Toss 2 zucchini (cut into 1/2 inch planks) with 1 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper.  Grill over medium heat until tender, 2 to 3 min per side.  Brush 8 slices of country bread with olive oil and grill until golden brown, 30 sec. per side.  Divide 2 Tbsp each mayo and Dijon mustard, 6 oz sliced roasted turkey, 4oz cheddar, lettuce, and the zucchini among the grilled bread.

I made some modifications - I roasted the zucchini and toasted the bread in the toaster, rather than grilling and I used Greek yogurt instead of mayo.

Now back to praying that Winter Storm Cato doesn't leave me stranded in NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment