Sunday, September 30, 2012

Crock Pot Pulled Pork

Since I broke out the crock pot last weekend I decided to make something today so I wouldn't have to cook this week. 

I asked Brad what I should make so, of course, he requested Pulled Pork - his fav.

This is one of my stand-bys - so I figured I'd share:

About 2.5lbs pork roast (I use whatever boneless pork I can find, usually 2-3lbs)
1 Medium Onion chopped
1 Bottle BBQ sauce, about 14oz (whatever flavor you like most)
1 T Lemon Juice
1 tsp brown sugar (I overestimate this - yum!)

Cook pork roast in the crock pot on high 5-6 hours or on low for 10-12 hours (just drop it in there all by itself, super easy).
Remove pork from crock pot into a bowl, drain liquid from crock, shred the pork using a form (tongs also help) and return to crock pot.  Be careful, it's hot.
Add remaining ingredients.  Cook 2 more hours on high.

You can leave it on warm for a while if you're serving for a party (always a hit).
I usually get some tasty rolls to make sandwiches.  I got some sweet potatoes to have with the pork this week, can't wait!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment