Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend Update

So, it's been a while since I've posted.  I'd like to say it's because I've been super busy doing awesome things, but really I'm just lazy.  Here's a quick update on what we've been up to, and a new "weekly installment."

Last weekend our friend M visited from North Carolina.  We had dinner at Lazy Boy (B's favorite) and then grabbed some drinks at Elements.
In the past year, since we've seen M, he started drinking.  This definitely made for a new and different experience hanging out with him.   We LOVE new M!!

I also made a new and improved version of the Basic Chicken Cutlets.  I followed exactly the same recipe, however, before breading and cooking I marinated the chicken in Lawry's Teryaki marinade.  It didn't taste much like teryaki, but it was more tasty than the first attempt.

Let's see...
We hiked Bear Mountain with S and D and had lunch at Peekskill Brewery.  The food was good, not great.  We probably won't be in too much of a rush to go back.


During the week I managed to keep up with my Cross Fit workouts.  LOVE it.  The workouts are crazy hard but it feels SO good when they're done.  I'm trying to get 2 workouts in a week.  After the last workout on Thursday I wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be, hopefully I'm over that hump and will be able to get more workouts in or actually run in between like I planned.

This weekend we stayed in the city Friday night to see the OW crew.  First B&I had happy hour with S, my coworker and B's friend from college at Niles, one of the few decent places near my office.   Later we met up with the crew for a surprise b-day outing at Fat Cat where we played some pool and shuffle board.

Too lazy to cook last night, we ordered in from Muscle Maker Grill.  Despite the horrible name, it's actually pretty good food.

Finally, today was the first Football Sunday of the season, how the heck did it get to be September already???  M and I met at Black Bear to watch the 1:00 games.  Last year we had talked about ranking the hottest NFL players but never really followed through.  So, this year I've decided to have a player of the week that I'll feature on here.  The player will be picked purely on their level of hotness, as decided by me.

First installment, in no particular order: Brady Quinn -  QB, Kansas City Chiefs

Not sure why he's playing football in a lake but really, who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment